If you’re familiar with stock trading, you’ve likely come across penny stocks. Penny stocks are publicly traded company shares that sell for less than $5 per share. Though the Revolut stocks list isn’t extensive, several stocks that would classify as penny stocks are available. Currently, 90 stocks trade below $5 on Revolut.
Common penny stocks risks
Penny stock trading comes with additional risks. Some of these stocks can only be bought ‘over the counter‘ (OTC). However, some companies can be acquired and sold on platforms like Revolut or similar stock trading platform alternatives. The most common risks associated with penny stock trading are:
- Penny stock companies may not be able to provide enough financial data to supervisory authorities. It leaves room for potential fraud or illegal activities by the company management. Usually, more common for companies that sell ‘over the counter’.
- Less valuable companies may still fight for their market share to survive in the market.
- The company may be in financial trouble. I.e. The company is filing for bankruptcy, so its further existence is under question.
- These companies are usually less liquid, and you may not be able to sell them at the price you desire.
However, there are multiple tiers for penny stocks, and you can avoid some of the risks mentioned above. Revolut made available only penny stocks traded on exchanges like NASDAQ, NYSE and NYSE AMERICAN. These companies must meet a specific criterion to be listed on these exchanges.
How to buy the best penny stocks online?
Buying penny shares is simple by using the Revolut stock trading app. You can buy penny shares from 90 companies on the Revolut stock trading app. On the trading platform, you’ll have access to common penny stock companies listed on popular exchanges like NYSE and NASDAQ. As mentioned above, these are the best penny stocks since they are not traded ‘Over the counter’, and are safer and more liquid.
You need a stock trading account with a stock trading broker to buy penny shares. Once your stock trading account is activated, you must look for company stocks priced below 5 USD per share.
Get a FREE stock worth up to €100 on Trading 212
GlobeFunder readers can get a free stock worth up to €100 on Trading 212 by using a promo code “GLOBE100“! All you have to do is:
- Create an account on Trading 212.
- Enter the Trading 212 promo code “GLOBE100“.
- Fund the account with at least the minimum amount.
As with all investments, your capital is at risk. Investments can fall and rise, and you may get back less than you invested.
90 Penny stocks on Revolut
|#||Company name||Symbol||Stock price (USD)||Sector|
|2||D-Wave Systems||QBTS||$1.23||Computer Hardware|
|7||Inovio Pharmaceuticals In||INO||$1.61||Biotechnology|
|12||Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings||CCO||$1.88||Advertising|
|13||Mobile TeleSystems PJSC||MBT||$1.86||Mobile Operator|
|17||Hyzon Motors||HYZN||$2.05||Hydrogen Vehicles|
|18||Companhia Energética de Minas Gerais||CIG||$2.20||Energy Production|
|20||Workhorse Group Inc||WKHS||$2.19||Electric Trucks|
|23||Gannett Co||GCI||$2.29||Mass media holding|
|25||Opendoor Technologies||OPEN||$2.20||Real Estate|
|26||Invitae Corporation||NVTA||$2.36||Gene Testing|
|27||AMC Entertainment Preferred Equity Units||APE||$2.36||–|
|30||23andMe Holding Co||ME||$2.44||Biotechnology|
|31||Gossamer Bio Inc||GOSS||$2.62||Biotech|
|33||Ultrapar Participações||UGP||$2.56||Oil & Gas|
|36||Bed, Bath & Beyond Inc.||BBBY||$2.64||–|
|37||Nikola Corporation||NKLA||$2.63||Electric Cars|
|39||Banco Bradesco S.A. – Preferred Shares||BBD||$2.75||Banking|
|41||Iamgold Corp||IAG||$2.81||Gold Mining|
|43||Gol Intelligent Airlines||GOL||$2.92||Airline Service|
|44||ANGI Homeservices||ANGI||$2.88||Home Marketplace|
|45||Microvision||MVIS||$2.74||Automotive Lidar Technology|
|48||Canopy Growth Corporation||CGC||$2.96||Cannabis|
|49||Cyxtera Technologies||CYXT||$3.04||IT Services|
|50||New York Mortgage Trust||NYMT||$3.14||Real Estate|
|51||Mizuho Financial Group||MFG||$3.18||Banking|
|53||Rackspace Technology||RXT||$3.20||Cloud Computing|
|58||Rite Aid||RAD||$3.58||Pharma retail|
|59||Companhia Siderurgica Nacional||SID||$3.60||Steel Production|
|60||Harmony Gold Mining Company Limited||HMY||$3.63||Metals Mining|
|63||LexinFintech Holdings||LX||$3.68||Online Lending|
|64||Oscar Health Inc.||OSCR||$3.73||Health Insurance|
|66||Coeur Mining||CDE||$3.90||Metals Mining|
|67||Archaea Energy Inc||LFG||#N/A||Renewable gas|
|68||B2Gold Corporation||BTG||$3.97||Metals Mining|
|72||Sutter Rock Capital||SSSS||$4.01||Investment Fund|
|73||UP Fintech||TIGR||$4.22||Software Developer|
|75||Pitney Bowes||PBI||$4.34||Marketing Solutions|
|79||BBVA Banco Francés||BBAR||$4.49||Banking|
|82||Nu Holdings||NU||$4.64||Financial Services|
|84||Kinross Gold Corporation||KGC||$4.66||Gold Mining|
|85||Douglas Elliman||DOUG||$4.71||Real Estate|
- TWO – Two Harbors Investment Corp.
- PGRU – PropertyGuru Limited
- YPF – YPF Sociedad Anónima
- AUY – Yamana Gold Inc.
- TAL – TAL Education Group
- NU – Nu Holdings Ltd.
- GGB – Gerdau S.A.
- TME – Tencent Music Entertainment Group
- GNW – Genworth Financial, Inc.
- IS – ironSource Ltd.
- CX – CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V.
- FUBO – fuboTV Inc.
- SKIL – Skillsoft Corp.
- HL – Hecla Mining Company
- GOL – Gol Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes S.A.
- BBD – Banco Bradesco S.A.
- NMR – Nomura Holdings, Inc.
- ACHR – Archer Aviation Inc.
- KGC – Kinross Gold Corporation
- COMP – Compass, Inc.
- NVTA – Invitae Corporation
- HMY – Harmony Gold Mining Company Limited
- PBI – Pitney Bowes Inc.
- CYH – Community Health Systems, Inc.
- BRFS – BRF S.A.
- HUYA – HUYA Inc.
- MUX – McEwen Mining Inc.
- ABEV – Ambev S.A.
- SID – Companhia Siderúrgica Nacional
- BBAR – Banco BBVA Argentina S.A.
- CDE – Coeur Mining, Inc.
- NRDY – Nerdy, Inc.
- UGP – Ultrapar Participações S.A.
- AMRX – Amneal Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- STRY – Starry Group Holdings, Inc.
- BKKT – Bakkt Holdings, Inc.
- CIG – Companhia Energética de Minas Gerais
- OPFI – OppFi Inc.
- MFG – Mizuho Financial Group, Inc.
- GCI – Gannett Co., Inc.
- GRWG – GrowGeneration Corp.
- WKHS – Workhorse Group Inc.
- MTTR – Matterport, Inc.
- MVIS – MicroVision, Inc.
- XGN – Exagen Inc.
- FCEL – FuelCell Energy, Inc.
- AVPT – AvePoint, Inc.
- CLBT – Cellebrite DI Ltd.
- OPEN – Opendoor Technologies Inc.
- ALLT – Allot Ltd.
- NKTR – Nektar Therapeutics
- MOMO – Hello Group Inc.
- CNDT – Conduent Incorporated
- ANGI – Angi Inc.
- IQ – iQIYI, Inc.
- GOEV – Canoo Inc.
- TLRY – Tilray Brands, Inc.
- QRTEA – Qurate Retail, Inc.
- TIGR – UP Fintech Holding Limited
- GRAB – Grab Holdings Limited
- CGC – Canopy Growth Corporation
- ME – 23andMe Holding Co.
- OTLY – Oatly Group AB
- LXRX – Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- NYMT – New York Mortgage Trust, Inc.
- OPK – OPKO Health, Inc.
- FIP – FTAI Infrastructure Inc.
- REAL – The RealReal, Inc.
- INO – Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- LX – LexinFintech Holdings Ltd.
- FREQ – Frequency Therapeutics, Inc.
- HYZN – Hyzon Motors Inc.
- TELL – Tellurian Inc.
- BTG – B2Gold Corp.
Questions about penny stocks
Penny stock is a company stock that is publicly traded and is priced below 5 USD per share.
Penny stocks are riskier than any other stocks, so you must be careful. A good penny stock must not be overpriced and should have good market potential. You may find a good penny stock in the list above.
To trade penny stocks, you should look at first-tier penny stocks that are available on stock trading platforms and have enough liquidity. Such companies are usually listed on the most popular stock exchanges like NYSE, NASDAQ and others.
To buy penny stocks, you must have an account with a stock broker. Then you can look for stocks priced below 5 USD and submit a buy order. However, not all penny stocks are available on online trading platforms. Some penny stocks are traded ‘over the counter’.
You can buy some more established penny stocks on trading platforms like Revolut Stocks (in Europe). For less valuable penny stocks priced below 1 USD, you can use online trading platforms like Interactive Brokers or TD Ameritrade.
Currently, the cheapest stock on Revolut stocks is Canoo (GOEV), which trades for less than 2 USD per share.